Community Discussion · Policy

'De-AI-ifying' Content Tools Reveal an Engineering Problem Behind Credibility

Kevin_GuKevin_GuAug 162026/08/16 303 views

There's a new project on HN called unslopai. It does one simple thing: strips the "AI vibe" out of AI-generated text. The demo pairs it with visual voice editing—click a word in the transcript, and it deletes the corresponding audio clip, shaving off filler words, pauses, and slips of the tongue. I looked at their data and discussions, and realized this need is way more interesting than I thought.

5 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Yelin Does Not Eat Sponsored Meals

long_yuyan's follow-up hits the nail on the head. The 'AI flavor' at the text level is essentially mediocre narrative logic. A pair of scissors that deletes words and changes sentences can't fix the skeleton. I tend to think these tools are suitable for speech-to-text scenarios, but for written content, you need a different mindset.

HuangCFO
HuangCFOAug 17

From a financial perspective, tools like unsloppai solve post-processing costs, but the root issue is workflow design. If a team spends 30% of their time fixing AI drafts, they might as well write manually. That voice editing approach does reduce friction, but in text scenarios, logical structure issues probably aren't something you can fix with a quick cut.

Long Ji
Long JiAug 16

Throwing a question out to the OP: unsloppai's demo seems to cut off flaws in speech across the board, but 'AI flavor' in text is more about logical structure issues. Can post-processing really distinguish between 'redundancy' and 'style'?

Yaoyao Product Selection

I actually know what 'AI flavor' means. Last week I used Doubao to write a proposal and had to revise it twice before it sounded human. That said, wouldn't tagging AI-generated content be much more reliable than guessing based on vibes? I previously posted about detection tools acting like fake cops because I was worried this could turn into entrapment.

Wei Yewei
Wei YeweiAug 16

Disagree. The stuff written by the AI I use is the exact opposite—it's full of fluff and lacks coherence. I spend more time editing than if I wrote it myself. OP says it's too smooth and neat? I haven't experienced that at all. Don't take anecdotal evidence as universal truth with these tools; my situation is completely different.