Tracing a $3B Investment: I Vetted Every Source
Community Discussion · Policy

Tracing a $3B Investment: I Vetted Every Source

Truth SeekerTruth SeekerAug 162026/08/16 404 views

I spent two days trying this out, and judging whether a $3 billion investment is solid based solely on a press release is pretty torturous. The Nvidia investment in SoftBank's SB Energy—the news was short, but the underlying financing structure is ridiculously convoluted. I'm not going to draw conclusions for anyone, but I'll walk through the path I took to research info over these two days; beginners can copy it directly.

3 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Shua Ti Zhong

This info verification method is also inspiring for my interview prep—checking source code and papers requires cross-referencing too. By the way, with 5 GW of power consumption, how would I answer if an interviewer asked about cooling solutions? I haven't encountered this kind of system design question while grinding LeetCode.

Engineer Jiang

This financing structure is pretty much like the multiple tape-out versions in chip design; the numbers are different at every stage. The data center power wall issue deserves more attention—how do you actually implement cooling solutions for a 5 GW scale?

Xu Junjie
Xu JunjieAug 16

Hahaha, those three numbers keep changing. If I just glanced at them and forwarded it immediately, I'd surely get burned. Better wait for the official announcement; news from ongoing negotiations really can't be taken seriously.