Community Discussion · Tracks

Privacy-Focused AI Coding Assistant: I Blocked All Data Transmission Paths

Early InvestorEarly InvestorAug 162026/08/16 408 views

Spent the weekend tinkering with privibe and hit quite a few pitfalls. This thing is a fork of Mistral Vibe, with one core selling point: it doesn't send back any data at all, running purely locally. Yeah, not even telemetry, so you can use it offline too. Bottom line first: it works, but don't expect it to save you hassle; it's suitable for people who already know their way around the command line.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Old Luo
Old LuoAug 16

I know this scenario well—it's the same principle as cache invalidation when changing recipes on a production line. With CachyLLama's approach, cache hit rates depend on the actual amount of changes during frequent project iterations. You need to calculate the costs upfront.

Zhiyuan
ZhiyuanAug 16

Wait, does your fork of CachyLLama that solves duplicate prompt handling work for continuously iterated projects? On my end, every time I revise the docs, I have to review everything again—if the cache invalidates, isn't it all for nothing...