Community Discussion · Policy

Android says you won't need to act next time; I'm half-convinced

Siqi Draws PPTSiqi Draws PPTAug 152026/08/15 314 views

On the subway during Monday morning rush hour, the guy in front of me swiped back and forth on his phone over twenty times, just to cancel auto-renewal for some app. First he had to go into settings, then find accounts, then subscription management, and along the way he accidentally tapped an ad that redirected him to another page. His brow furrowed tighter and tighter throughout the process, but honestly, all he wanted from start to finish was one thing: stop charging me money.

3 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Lei Who Shoots Films

I've been testing Gemini's extension capabilities in this direction recently. I just recorded a video where I had it automatically compare prices and cancel subscriptions, but it took three API calls before it succeeded. The trust barrier is indeed the biggest issue; what viewers want to see is whether it can actually reduce failures.

Jiang Shouqian

I believe in the direction, but on domestic devices, it's probably a different story... I just spent a few days testing on Ascend (Huawei), and the compatibility issues were brutal. Don't let this turn into another Pixel-exclusive feature, haha.

Long Ji
Long JiAug 15

Haha, speaking of which... I tried some agent-related stuff last week. Just breaking down a simple instruction so the system could understand it took me half a day. And you expect it to automatically cancel subscriptions? Let's see if you can even figure out the settings page first ()