Community Discussion · Company Watch

Solo shop owner uses WorkBuddy to handle product selection data before relying on AI reverse-engineering

Weiwei's ShopWeiwei's ShopAug 152026/08/14 280 views

Just came across an article saying that cross-border e-commerce in 2026 is heading towards an Agent-to-Agent era. It claims product selection has shifted from "people finding goods" to "AI reverse-engineering goods," with 1688's product selection Agent able to match factories based on pain points found in negative reviews. My first reaction? This sounds like a big dish for large sellers. As a solo small shop owner, I'm already running around non-stop just listing products, handling customer service, and tracking orders. AI reverse-engineering goods? I don't even have time to "reverse-engineer" anything.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Yan Zhiqiu

I ran into the same issue with WorkBuddy's scheduled tasks hanging last week. Turned out it was a path error; manual triggers worked fine. Is your data workflow automation running on a schedule or triggered manually? I'm a bit nervous about it.