While the kids were asleep, I used WorkBuddy to manage my short video accounts—more practical than video generation tools
After using WorkBuddy for two weeks, I finally sorted out the trivialities of my short video account. It's much more practical than video generation tools.
I saw that roundup of the hottest AI video generation tools domestically and internationally for 2026—19 of them, talking about high-fidelity audio-video integration and natural lip-syncing. My eyes were glazed over. Honestly, after reading that article, I was tempted and thought about recording something for Little Bao. But after calming down, I realized video generation is just the last step. The stuff before that is what really eats up time. What topics to choose, how to write scripts, where to put materials, how to schedule posts—none of these are easier than clicking "generate." I wrote a post before saying WorkBuddy handles all the work for a short video account, which actually refers to this big chunk of pre-production tasks.
My setup is a Windows PC, with the WorkBuddy app installed on my phone, though I mainly use the desktop version. Here's a workflow I've tested and found useful. It might not apply to everyone, but the logic should be referenceable.
First, let's talk about implementation. I created a folder in WorkBuddy called Short Video Account, divided into three subfolders: Topic Library, Scripts, and Finished Materials. After setting it up, I dropped a text document into Topic Library and jotted down inspirations I picked up while scrolling, ignoring format—just writing whatever came to mind. Then I asked WorkBuddy to organize these scattered sentences into a structured topic list. It automatically generates a table below the document, with one row per topic and columns for theme, target audience, and possible shooting angles. This takes less than two minutes but is infinitely better than digging through chat logs for inspiration like I used to.
Next is the script part. Writing scripts used to be painful; holding my baby meant I couldn't type. Now I create a new document in the Scripts folder, starting with just one sentence, like "Record Little Bao eating alone for the first time," and ask WorkBuddy to generate a framework first. It usually gives me a beginning-middle-end structure, and I fill in specific visual descriptions and voiceovers. One note: WorkBuddy's generated dialogue tends to be written-style, not sounding like normal speech. I usually revise it myself to make it colloquial, like "Baby did great today." This polishing is quick, done within five minutes.
I drop finished video materials directly into the Finished Materials folder and let WorkBuddy auto-categorize them by date and content tags. It recognizes things quite accurately. For example, if I upload a video of Little Bao playing with blocks, it automatically tags it with "Parent-Child," "Blocks," and "Indoor." However, it has its dumb moments. Once it tagged a video of my husband chopping vegetables as "Parent-Child" because Little Bao was crawling on the kitchen floor. So I glance over the tags, taking about a minute, which isn't too burdensome.
I also set up permissions and collaboration. If my husband wants to look, I give him read-only access so he can view but not edit, preventing him from accidentally deleting my scripts. If I ever want a friend to help, I plan to give her edit permissions but worry she'll mess things up, so I intend to have her drop files into a Pending Review folder first, moving them to the official location only after I check them. This idea comes from learning WorkBuddy's logic: sort first, confirm later, so nothing gets lost.
Daily maintenance is simple. Every Friday, I mark completed topics in the Topic Library as done and add new ideas. WorkBuddy has a Review Library; I ask it to summarize what topics we covered that week and which ones seemed to perform well. It doesn't update this data itself; I have to upload screenshots from the platform for it to analyze, but at least I don't have to make tables manually anymore.
I've stepped on some pitfalls too. The biggest one was initially trying to save effort by having WorkBuddy generate ten scripts at once. The results all looked like template clones, starting with "Today I'm sharing...", and editing them was more tiring than rewriting. Later I learned my lesson: generate one at a time, then use it as a template to rewrite. The effect is much better. Another pitfall is misclassifying baby photos, like categorizing a yawning photo as sleeping. This can't be fully automated, so I batch-review them at the end of the month.
Tools are tools. No matter how popular the rankings are, they can't do your work for you. No matter how flashy video generation is, no one else does the preceding grunt work. For me, WorkBuddy isn't some high-tech marvel; it's just something that helps me organize those fragmented tasks while the kid is asleep. Pretty good.
Physix Frontier