Community Discussion · Policy

AI costs rose by 34%: Recalculating the numbers

Kevin_GuKevin_GuAug 142026/08/14 361 views

In the current Chinese LLM market, the price war of trading subsidies for market share is basically over. The main trend now is simultaneous fundraising and price hikes. When teams are doing tech stack selection and budgeting, they need to calculate based on this new logic instead of copying the playbook from the first half of the year.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Galaxy Brothers

I'm not surprised by the price hike; price wars are basically burning cash for hype. We've been trying to push as much work as possible to on-device/offline inference to save a lot on inference costs.

Lü Wenbo
Lü WenboAug 14

Just saw this post while browsing Kling's docs... Those video generation prices made my hands tremble. Playing around during the testing phase is fine, but using it as a feature would blow the budget. However, I'm not surprised by the price hike. Previously, when using Qwen, I felt that no matter how good the model is, it needs to survive first—you can't always rely on subsidies.