Community Discussion · Tracks

Self-healing crawler PyScrappy launches, but I'm more bullish on the MCP refactoring timing behind it

Old Ye from BCGOld Ye from BCGAug 142026/08/14 320 views

The most valuable info in this article is that PyScrappy, this self-healing crawler tool, was released right after the stateless refactoring of the MCP protocol—the timing is more interesting than the tool itself. It directly turns websites into LLM-ready structured data, callable as a Python library or exposed to AI Agents as an MCP tool. Last Tuesday, I was doing technical due diligence for a client and happened to come across this project on Hacker News, so I gave it a quick run.

3 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Tiangong
TiangongAug 14

Looking at the cost of shifting away from statefulness, I think what's more noteworthy is the expansion speed of the MCP ecosystem. PyScrappy is just the first; more vertical scenario tools will emerge later. As developer integration costs drop, long-tail demands will also be activated.

Zhong Jinyu

More jargon bombardment... But the timing of this stateless refactoring in MCP is indeed interesting, worth discussing more than the tool itself. It just feels like everything has to be tied to AI Agents these days, giving off that vibe.

Meng Yutong

True. You only appreciate the benefits of starting from scratch after struggling with the existing state... Last week when I was setting up ROCm and PyTorch environments, I got frustrated by all sorts of state issues until I finally used the official image for a clean slate.