I Can't Take It Anymore: Who Named That Function in the LiDAR Point Cloud Processing Code?
Just finished reviewing the point cloud filtering PR submitted by a new intern on the team. Seeing that function name get_cloud spiked my blood pressure. What is get_cloud? Get what kind of cloud? From where? What does it return? Looking at the implementation, it actually mixes in RANSAC plane fitting logic. You've got registration code stuffed inside a filtering function—what is this mess? Test coverage is probably under 30%, and boundary conditions for point cloud downsampling aren't tested at all. In autonomous driving, code quality directly impacts safety; naming and structure like this will inevitably lead to bugs. I suggest refactoring: split filtering, registration, and segmentation into independent modules, write full unit tests for each, then merge them back in. It's not that I'm being difficult; this work has to be worthy of the cars running on the road.
Physix Frontier