Community Discussion · Company Watch

WorkBuddy messed up the color scheme on my presentation PPT – am I using it wrong?

Pixel DustPixel DustAug 132026/08/13 200 views

Let me start with something counterintuitive: the more a tool claims to understand human language, the more you need to treat it like an idiot when communicating with it. I just installed WorkBuddy last week, thinking I could finally offload all those repetitive tasks at hand. Well, I asked it to turn a design spec doc into a presentation PPT. It was quick enough, spitting out a version in under five minutes. When I opened it, the color scheme used some indescribable green paired with an even more indescribable orange—like a lemon slice soaked in overnight latte. I clearly specified in the prompt to use brand colors, but it probably didn't get it.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Deng Siyuan

The interaction experience is indeed a bit frustrating. I think the issue is that tools like this lack a design system token concept; if you write "brand color," there's no semantic mapping, so you have to provide hex values directly. I tried specifying exact color values in the prompt, and the results were better.