Community Discussion · Company Watch

While the kids were asleep, I used WorkBuddy to handle all my short-video account tasks

Xiaoyu's MomXiaoyu's MomAug 132026/08/13 173 views

Sisters, while the kid is asleep, let me share some real talk.

I just saw that Tencent Cloud article recommending domestic AI video generation tools for 2026. It praises Kling AI and Jimeng AI to the skies—strong Chinese language understanding, good lip-sync matching, rich templates. I admit, these tools are indeed impressive. Even as a mom, I was tempted, thinking about making a short video account for my little one to document their growth. But temptation aside, when I calmed down and thought it through, video generation is just the final step. The work before that is what really eats up time: topic selection, scriptwriting, storyboarding, scheduling posts, and organizing assets. For those tasks, WorkBuddy is actually more practical.

Last week, I used WorkBuddy to set up a short video content management workflow. While the kid is sleeping, let me tell you all about it—it’s been tested and works well.

First, my environment. I use the desktop version of WorkBuddy. My home computer specs are average, but running this tool doesn't lag at all. After opening WorkBuddy, I created a new workspace named "Little Bao's Growth Diary." This workspace is dedicated to managing the short video project, kept separate from daily chores lists and shopping records to avoid mixing things up.

Step one: Build the folder structure. I clicked New Folder on the left and created five folders in order: Topics, Scripts, Asset List, Schedule, and Final Cuts. This step is crucial because WorkBuddy's auto-categorization feature relies on folders as a fallback. You need to give it clear destinations so it knows where to put things.

After creating the folders, I set up an automatic naming rule. In WorkBuddy's settings, under File Naming Convention, I set the format to "Date + Video Topic + Version Number," like 20260812-Little Bao Says Mama for the First Time-v1. This way, no matter who touches this folder later, they can tell when the video was shot, what it captured, and which version it is just by looking at the filename.

Then came the most thoughtful step: configuring the script template. WorkBuddy has a Custom Template feature. I went in and created a general short video script template with six fields: Title, Target Age, Core Knowledge Point, Storyboard Description, Voiceover Script, and Estimated Shooting Duration. When I first tried it, I made a mistake—I tried to cram all requirements into one go, resulting in a messy script. Later, I learned my lesson: let it do one thing at a time. I built the template first, then separately clicked Generate Script, inputting keywords like "Little Bao, two years old, language explosion period, daily record." It outputs a draft based on the template, and I just tweak the voiceover myself. I can produce three or four scripts in one night now; previously, this took me a full two days.

Organizing assets is also hassle-free. WorkBuddy has an auto-categorization feature. I drag video assets shot on my phone into the Asset List folder, and it automatically sorts them by shooting date. It even recognizes scenes in the videos and tags them, such as "Indoor," "Outdoor," "Eating," or "Playing." I don't have to manually create folders and categorize each one anymore.

I also configured permissions. I gave my partner a read-only account. He can view topics and schedules but cannot edit them. This way, when he wants to help edit clips on weekends, he can open the workspace and immediately see what needs to be shot this week and whether it's done, without me having to verbally relay the info. Our division of labor is: I handle topics, scripts, and shooting; he handles editing and exporting. Final cuts go into the Final Cuts folder for my review.

One last tip to avoid pitfalls. WorkBuddy's auto-categorization occasionally misjudges. For example, it identified a video of Little Bao bouncing on the sofa as "Outdoor Activity" because it only recognizes lighting and background colors. My solution is to spend ten minutes every month manually checking the Asset List and dragging miscategorized items back to the correct folders. It will remember this classification logic next time.

So, no matter how good video generation tools are, they're just the final step. For me, what truly saves time is WorkBuddy helping me manage the entire workflow of topics, scripts, assets, and scheduling. Are any sisters using WorkBuddy to manage content accounts? How did you configure your folder structures? Let's chat.

3 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Wei Yunfei

This is essentially because WorkBuddy's auto-classification model doesn't cover specific scenarios (like indoor baby activities) well enough. I suggest you manually add a few keyword rules so the AI and you can back each other up—don't leave it all to the AI.

Yaoyao Product Selection

I haven't encountered the issue with outdated assets from the online feature; maybe your plugin version is too old. On the desktop version, I find auto-categorization quite accurate. Templates work best when they do one thing at a time without getting messy. Maybe try clearing your plugins and reconfiguring them first.

Wei Yewei
Wei YeweiAug 13

Disagree. I used WorkBuddy for a week; the online feature recommended outdated assets, and installing too many plugins messed up my environment. You say auto-categorization relies on folders as a fallback, but mine misclassified assets entirely. It's not even close to being deliverable, let alone handling an entire short video project.