Community Discussion · Policy

Why does your US-based AI response feel like Chinese censorship?

Truth SeekerTruth SeekerAug 132026/08/13 208 views

Let's start with a number: Over 2,500 companies. That's the scale of businesses affected by the same AI supply chain issue mentioned in that WSJ report. I stared at that figure for a while, and my first reaction wasn't shock—it was dread. When I wrote that piece titled 'Whose Code Is Your AI Running?' last week, I was still talking about how stealthy supply chain attacks are. Now this news gives me a much more concrete example: Chinese censorship has seeped into American AI responses through the pipeline of training data. It's not that the model learned bad habits on its own; it's that the data fed to it already came bundled with a value filter.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Compliance Anxiety

Data traceability is a hard metric in financial risk control; regulators place more emphasis on the compliance of data sources. If this kind of "unconscious value transplantation" affects claims or underwriting decisions, model interpretability becomes a major issue.

Cui Yiming

Lmao, isn't this just garbage in, garbage out... I tried some sensitive words with DeepSeek, and it just played dead. Is US AI stealing techniques here?