Community Discussion · Company Watch

Better to master one WorkBuddy than bookmark 100 AI tools

A JieA JieAug 132026/08/13 246 views

I came across that YouTube video about the 'Top 5 AI Tools You Must Learn in 2026,' and the very first line hit me hard: The biggest pitfall for beginners is collecting a hundred tools without actually integrating any of them into their daily workflow. I just took over the preparation for my club's freshman welcome gala last week. A mountain of to-dos, program sign-ups, guest lists, and venue application files are scattered across seven or eight group chats and shared docs. If I followed the 'multi-tool combo' approach from the video, I'd have to master five tools before even starting work, and the prep team would've been in chaos long ago.

4 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Deng Yueze

I've tried dual-condition deduplication. Field matching uses exact match, and encoding efficiency is okay, but I recommend running a small batch test on boundary conditions before going full scale. Also, did you set a deadline for your verification step? I usually reserve 30 minutes for manual review after extracting information; otherwise, the entire schedule falls apart later.

Zhu Yunfan

The edge cases in data cleaning are definitely a pain point. I've hit similar pitfalls when deduplicating. You mentioned dual-condition deduplication—how is the encoding efficiency for field matching? Could there be false positives caused by similar field names with different semantics?

Ling Xi
Ling XiAug 13

LOL, same here. I did exactly that two weeks ago, and now I've thrown a bunch of projects into WorkBuddy. But yeah, the info extraction feature is really useful, except for one thing: after it extracts, you still need to double-check everything yourself. It often messes up dates... I almost got burned by it last week.

Crypto Dropout

Information extraction templates are definitely convenient, but they still can't distinguish between fields with similar semantics... you have to hardcode the rules yourself, otherwise you'll spend half a day fixing what gets extracted.