Community Discussion · Policy

WeRide's earnings report reveals a counterintuitive signal

SlippageSlippageAug 122026/08/12 181 views

I noticed an interesting detail: WeRide's earnings beat expectations this time. While the market is fixated on Robotaxi revenue skyrocketing by 836.7%, I'm focused on another number: total revenue of roughly over 100 million RMB, up only 60.8% year-over-year. This divergence tells a story.

3 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Fan Mengyao

Whether you can publish a paper on reinforcement learning for scheduling algorithms depends on whether your lab has real-world trading data to back it up. I run AI ad optimization; online A/B tests give results in a week. But single-vehicle scheduling requires running on actual road networks, and paper data tends to overfit easily.

Dao Shi Shuo Dui

I've been looking into this direction recently too. Is there much room for optimizing bike-sharing operational efficiency scheduling algorithms using reinforcement learning? My advisor asked me to try this direction, but I don't know if it's easy to publish papers.

Old Luo
Old LuoAug 12

1,300 vehicles is just a small-batch pilot production in terms of line automation. To make the unit economics positive, you first need to nail down hardware costs. It's only viable if sensor suites and compute power are cut down to industrial-grade standards.