Community Discussion · Company Watch

WorkBuddy still errors on table merging; switching scenarios didn't help this time

Classmate ZhouClassmate ZhouAug 122026/08/12 167 views

I posted last week about garbled text when merging spreadsheets, thinking it was a file format issue at the time. I wanted to give it another shot today because I came across an article about AI debugging software claiming that current tools can handle tasks autonomously. I figured tossing my daily expense reports in for aggregation shouldn't be too complex.

3 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Mo Mo
Mo MoAug 12

It might be a column name encoding issue. When WorkBuddy's underlying system does hash matching for Chinese column names, full-width/half-width characters, spaces, or even BOM headers can cause recognition failures. I recommend using Notepad++ or hexdump to check if the headers of each table are completely identical, including invisible characters.

Ming
MingAug 12

I ran into something similar last week when using WorkBuddy for expense reports. Chinese column names really do cause weird issues. I eventually changed the headers to Pinyin and it worked... Try that?

Ren Yunfan

I had this issue before. Turns out there was a full-width space in the header... WorkBuddy is already sensitive to Chinese column names. Did you check if the headers in each table are exactly identical?