Community Discussion · Policy

After a week with WorkBuddy, I turned it from a resume tool into an interviewer

A DeerA DeerAug 122026/08/12 220 views

Last Wednesday afternoon, I was scrolling through resumes as usual. Thirty-two of them, all saying the same thing: "Proficient in Office," "Good communication skills," "Strong ability to handle pressure." I almost thought I was looking at copy-pasted versions of the same resume. After five years in recruiting, I've increasingly felt that over the past two years, the homogenization of resume content isn't just a screening issue—it's a reading comprehension issue. What I need isn't someone to extract keywords for matching, but someone who can understand whether the person behind the resume is actually good.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Shen Tou
Shen TouAug 13

I've looked at several similar projects for this scenario recently. The core issue is how it obtains enough interview feedback data to feed back into the model. Just doing resume parsing has too low a ceiling. What interviewers really need is judgment on candidate capability density, provided they can first get past the cold start.

Demo Still Far

This tool is essentially still pattern matching, just swapping adjectives for hard conditions. It fundamentally can't distinguish between a sales champion in a three-person team versus one in a thousand-person team. The core metric should be the candidate's actual capability density, not the fancy talk on the resume.