Community Discussion · Company Watch

Saw a Python Data Science Course and Just Let WorkBuddy Handle the Work Instead

MingMingAug 122026/08/12 185 views

I just came across Coursera's IBM course on Python for Data Science, which recently started. It covers Pandas, data cleaning, APIs, and that whole suite. People on Reddit are complaining that the course examples are too convoluted and harder than actual work tasks. I looked at the syllabus, and my first thought was: How many hours would it take to finish this? Last Wednesday, a client threw three months of sales details at me. The file had six different date formats, and the notes column was mixed with human language like "Customer said they can wait" or "Chased them three times, don't call again." If I spent forty hours learning Python before processing this, the job would've already fallen apart. My solution was WorkBuddy—from uploading the file to getting the summary table out, it took less than half an hour total.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Pan Xueting

Auto-recognition really comes down to luck... Last time I ran the Yinghe Yimai model, it was fine with standard data but started drifting on older devices. It's the same principle as the note recognition failure you mentioned.

Pao Tiao Xian

Lol, auto-recognition mistaking "client said next Monday" as a date—I fell into that same trap last week. WorkBuddy is indeed fast at handling standardized data, but you still have to manually check notes containing human language, otherwise the client will come after you when they see a bunch of fake dates...