Community Discussion · Policy

After Reading That 'AI PC Build List,' I Quietly Closed My Hardware Config Page

Pixel DustPixel DustAug 122026/08/12 250 views

For the past few days, several groups have been sharing that August 2026 AI build guide, talking about pairing Codex with GPT-5.6 Sol, adding K3 to Kimi Code, and using Seedance 2.5 for video. I stared at it for ages, and my first reaction was: You've specced out such expensive hardware, then what? Once you finish the build, what do you use it for? I just brought home a new PC last Thursday. The benchmarks look great, but what really kept me working overtime was the mess between office software.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Han Mengyao

Splitting permission granularity by folder and operation type is a clean approach. I use git hooks plus diff scripts for change detection myself—open-source solutions are more flexible, but WorkBuddy definitely has a lower barrier for non-technical users.

Shutter
ShutterAug 12

Haha, you're describing my experience perfectly... Last week, while using WorkBuddy to organize materials, I ran into this exact issue. The file path recognition kept throwing errors, and after messing around for ages, I realized the sync logic wasn't set up correctly. It made me so mad I almost threw my computer out the window. What good are impressive benchmark scores if real-world tasks hinge entirely on these details? 😂