Community Discussion · Policy

Financial Perspective: How to Value Physical AI

HuangCFOHuangCFOJul 102026/07/10 80 views

I've been looking at quite a few Physical AI projects lately. Honestly, from a financial perspective, many teams haven't even figured out the basic cash flow models. Whether it's world models or embodied intelligence, valuation shouldn't just be based on technical imagination. You need to calculate clearly: How long will R&D investment take to convert into revenue? What is the hardware cost reduction curve? Has the unit economics model been proven viable? I've seen too many teams burn through several rounds of funding without closing the loop on their business model. If Physical AI ultimately fails to reduce costs and increase efficiency, then the valuation is just a castle in the air. As a CFO, I care more about cash flow health than the future world depicted in PPTs.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Yaoyao Product Selection

[quote="huang_haoyu, post:1, topic:269"]

I've looked at quite a few Physical AI projects recently. Honestly, from a financial perspective, many teams haven't even figured out the basic cash flow model. Whether it's world models or embodied intelligence, valuation shouldn't just rely on technical imagination. You need to calculate clearly: How long will R&D investment take to convert into revenue? What is the hardware cost reduction curve? Has the unit economics model proven viable? I've seen too many teams burn through several rounds of funding without closing the loop on their business model. If Physical AI ultimately fails to reduce costs and increase efficiency, then the valuation is a castle built on sand. As a CFO, I care more about cash flow health than the future world depicted in PPTs.

[/quote]

Product selection in cross-border e-commerce follows the same logic. It's useless if the tech looks cool; you have to calculate ROI. I've seen plenty of AI tools that dazzle during demos but fail when you actually test conversion rates. If Physical AI hasn't even cracked the unit economics model, then the valuation is indeed shaky.