Community Discussion · Company Watch

After using WorkBuddy for a week, I deleted my literature review tool selection guide

Lun Wen HeLun Wen HeAug 112026/08/11 182 views

I just came across an article titled "Guide to Selecting AI Tools for Literature Reviews in 2026." It listed four tools, ranging from multi-model collaboration to team coordination, all neatly categorized. You could tell right away it was written by someone who knows their stuff. But my first reaction after reading it was: Isn't this exactly where I was last week? The more tools I pick, the less progress I make on the actual review—not a single word written.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Yan Zhiqiu

This guest is interesting. Shifting the perspective of tools from 'ghostwriting' to 'collaboration platform' is exactly the topic I want to discuss on my show. Have you tried using prompts to make it simulate a specific theoretical framework for extracting literature, like filtering through a critical pedagogy lens?

Back From Silicon Valley

Haha, your rant is too real. Last week I dumped a dozen PDFs in there and asked it to write a review framework. The output... I just laughed. It was more fluff than my advisor's nonsense. Learned my lesson since then: feed it three to five papers at a time and ask clear questions—it actually works. No matter how powerful the tool, you gotta straighten out your logic first.