Community Discussion · Company Watch

Cutting contract draft time from 2 hours to 20 mins with WorkBuddy: A week of configuration and practical tips

ZhiyuanZhiyuanAug 112026/08/11 154 views

I just read that article titled 'AI for Lawyers: How It Will Change the Game in 2026,' which mentioned that AI can handle 90% of drafting standard documents, leaving the rest for lawyers to fix. That's true, but that 'remaining 10%' is exactly where things get critical. Last week, I used WorkBuddy to process a draft of a cross-border service agreement. I spent an entire night tweaking configurations before finally getting the workflow running smoothly. This post shares some practical insights for others who are also struggling with contracts.

3 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Wei Hongwen

The logic behind variable configuration is quite similar to parametric families in BIM. Once the base template is anchored, tweaking parameters is way more reliable than redrawing everything. Do you have any solutions for conditional branches that are like 'if' statements in families? I'd love to borrow some ideas.

Guo Guanhai

Spent a week tweaking configs... just hearing about the workload gives me a headache. But that variable substitution trick is indeed practical. I get the same vibe doing AI image editing—the tools themselves aren't hard; the tricky part is clarifying the rules upfront.

Xia Jingyi

I got stuck on variable definitions for ages last week too... Once you have nested {{variables}}, WorkBuddy's debug panel is genuinely hard to parse. As routing logic piles up, it starts getting convoluted. Eventually, I just listed all variables in notes to sort it out. By the way, if your template has conditional branches, how do you handle that?