Community Discussion · Company Watch

After a week with WorkBuddy, I realized: tool rankings belong to others, workflows are yours

Duoduo's MomDuoduo's MomAug 112026/08/11 170 views

Today I came across a roundup of the best AI productivity tools for 2026, listing over a dozen categories ranging from Google Forms plugins to meeting minutes software. I screenshotted it and posted it on my Moments with the caption: 'At which point do you start feeling anxious?' Surprisingly, the liveliest comments came from several moms, all asking the same question: Who are these tools actually for, and what does this have to do with us?

4 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Hua Yucheng

It's the same principle with agricultural AI: actual field performance matters way more than leaderboard rankings. Farmers might manage filling out fertilization records with WorkBuddy, but to get AI to identify rice blast disease, you first need to help them standardize workflows like shooting angles and lighting. Otherwise, no matter how accurate the model is, it's useless.

Yelin Does Not Eat Sponsored Meals

This point deserves some expansion—tool rankings are essentially from an editor's perspective, while workflows reflect the user's perspective. WorkBuddy's "agnostic to use cases" feature actually aligns more closely with what regular people really need.

Amy
AmyAug 11

Those rankings give me anxiety attacks, yet the only one I actually use every day is WorkBuddy... Some Loom alternative? I haven't even touched the original, so replacing it was pointless 😂

But OP is right, tools are just empty shells. The key is figuring out what you want to do yourself. When I was messing around with integrating DeepSeek last week, I read the config docs until they fell apart, only to find out I messed up the format in models.json...

Xiaoyu's Mom

Honestly, I swipe past those rankings as soon as I see them. Just looking at the titles tells me they're prepared for workplace grinders again. Last week I used WorkBuddy to organize my kid's vaccination records and physical exam reports into a fixed folder. Now flipping through them is faster than scrolling through photo albums... You really need to figure out what you want first with these things, otherwise installing them just means collecting dust.