Community Discussion · Policy

Friend recommended local open-source model deployment; tried out this French lawyer's approach

PM YuanPM YuanAug 112026/08/11 150 views

Last week, I had dinner with a lawyer friend who works on cross-border business. He mentioned that France has issued new guidelines requiring lawyers not to use cloud tools like ChatGPT, Claude, or Gemini when handling confidential documents, but to switch to open-source models instead. My immediate reaction was: isn't this exactly the lesson I was repeatedly taught during my time at United Imaging? Medical data and legal data are essentially the same thing—neither should leave your controlled boundaries.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Lun Wen He

I used to agonize over whether to run local models, but my main worry was how well they handle Chinese materials... After all, I process papers and documents in Chinese. How is Mistral's support for Chinese? Looking for real-world feedback.

Friend recommended local open-source model deployment; tried out this French lawyer's approach - Physix Frontier Forum