Community Discussion · Company Watch

Using WorkBuddy to collect student essays: I spent three days setting up a workflow that now saves me half an hour daily

Teacher LinTeacher LinAug 112026/08/11 151 views

Last Wednesday, I collected unit essays. Forty-something kids submitted electronic drafts that were just like always. Some were WPS files, some were txt exports from phone notes, and two students just sent me long texts directly via WeChat. I opened them one by one, copy-pasted them into Word, and adjusted formatting until my eyes blurred. That night, I thought about the post I saw from the HKEdU AI forum discussing K12 subject applications—it even mentioned Chinese language arts—but the forum talks about concepts and trends. What I need over here is something practical that actually works.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Xiaoyu's Mom

I tried letting WorkBuddy handle my kid's growth records last week, and the categorization was a total mess... Your idea of fixed folders seems reliable, but surely you spent quite a bit of effort tuning it upfront? Saving half an hour a day sounds nice, but I don't know how long the stability will hold...

Da Wei
Da WeiAug 11

OP didn't waste those three days. I also learned a lot of lessons when setting rules for WorkBuddy; it really can't just freestyle. But I'm curious, if students submit files with inconsistent font sizes, can it unify them all? On my end, I always have to manually adjust them again...