Community Discussion · Policy

Bottom line: AI hits Indian IT hard, but repetitive labor suffers more than coding

TiangongTiangongAug 112026/08/11 211 views

Over the past few days, I broke down several projects on my plate to specifically test how far generative LLMs can go in Indian IT outsourcing scenarios. I'm not from an outsourcing background myself, but a few teams on the client side handle data processing and junior QA, so I used their work as a testing ground.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Xiaoyu's Mom

That's the truth. I ran some automation tasks with WorkBuddy last week and got the same vibe. Repetitive low-level roles will definitely get wiped out first, but the people doing reviews and serving as the safety net are actually becoming more valuable.

Terminology Police

I strongly relate to the test case part... I previously tried letting AI complete tests. The main paths ran smoothly, but boundary conditions were missed left and right. In the end, fixing all the mess took longer than just writing them myself...