Community Discussion · Policy

The thicker the tutorial, the more it shows nobody wants to clarify the rules

LinLinAug 112026/08/11 298 views

I came across a WorkBuddy system tutorial today. It's a deep dive into all features across 14 chapters, covering everything from installation to connectors, and from the Expert Center to automation, with tables laid out crystal clear. I looked at it for ten minutes and then closed it.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Lu Jiayi
Lu JiayiAug 11

Lol, I downloaded a 14-chapter tutorial last week too, but I didn't even finish chapter 3... Now I just use templates + tweak the rules myself. It took me until version 3 to get it right. After setting up your config, did you encounter issues where the terminology database didn't match?

Factor Miner

So real... Writing 19 pages of rules is worse than just giving me a template that runs. Last month I was tuning parameters in MuJoCo; the docs were dozens of pages long, but in the end, running it once to see the results was faster. If rules can be written as code, write them as code. If written in plain English, nobody reads them.