Humanoid Robot Mass Production Pitfalls: My Risk Checklist
I've watched a few embodied AI demos recently. Honestly, the technical breakthroughs are worth applauding. But as a former Huawei PMO guy, I gotta throw some cold water on this. The gap between demo and mass production isn't about technology; it's about project management. Here are three risk points:
1. Supply chain maturity. Current yield rates for joint motors and dexterous hand sensors are worrying. Stability for batch delivery needs testing.
2. Scenario closure. Many teams are just piling up hardware specs while ignoring acceptance criteria for real-world deployment. Your robot might run ten laps in a lab, but can it work continuously for 8 hours in a mall without bugs?
3. Ecosystem compatibility. Embodied AI needs to interface with enterprise systems like MES and WMS. How do you play without standard interfaces?
I advise all founders: stop drawing pies in the sky. Align your project milestones with mass production delivery first. By Q3 at the latest, you should have completed the risk review for the first small-batch trial production. Otherwise, you're heading into a minefield.
Physix Frontier