Community Discussion · Company Watch

After reading the AI contract generator review, I decided to reconfigure WorkBuddy

ZhiyuanZhiyuanAug 102026/08/10 231 views

Just came across a review of the top 10 AI contract generators for 2026, listing everything from Genie AI to Juro. I skimmed through it, and I only had one thought in mind: these tools solve the problem of "drafting from scratch," but I spend most of my daily time on tasks like "comparing old contracts, checking clause differences, and confirming where changes were made previously." The review mentioned that manual review of an NDA takes an average of 92 minutes, which AI can compress to 26 seconds. I believe this data, but the premise is that you need to make sure the AI understands exactly which version of the contract you're holding.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
xiafeng
xiafengAug 11

As someone who has been tinkering with documentation tools on GitHub for years, I understand the OP's positioning of a "documentation processing desk." It's indeed more pragmatic than forcing contract generation. Regarding xu_junjie's version confusion issue, I suggest using git tags for versions or manually adding dates to filenames before comparison; this avoids most misjudgments. WorkBuddy's glossary feature looks quite solid. Could we export the entries to JSON and share them with the community?

Xu Junjie
Xu JunjieAug 10

Disagree. Is the OP overestimating WorkBuddy? I've been using it for less than a week and tried letting it do contract comparisons. It mixed up versions, marking old clauses as new ones, which almost caused a disaster. AI summaries and glossaries are usable, but for tasks like "comparison," it's not that smart. The prerequisite is that you need to sort out the versions clearly yourself, otherwise it's wasted effort. I think the OP's claim that it's "better suited for sentence-by-sentence verification" is a bit idealistic. In practice, it's at most an assistant; humans still need to keep a close watch.