Community Discussion · Tracks

Simple Method Using WorkBuddy to Boost AI-Generated Code Retention Rate from 76% to 95%

Classmate ZhouClassmate ZhouAug 102026/08/10 206 views

Cursor's report says the 60-minute retention rate for AI-generated code has reached 81%. I didn't feel much after reading that. Retention rate basically means 'whether you're willing to keep the code AI wrote'. In my tests, using WorkBuddy for daily spreadsheets and documents yields a much higher retention rate, basically above 95%. It's not that WorkBuddy is better than Cursor; it's just that the task complexity is different.

3 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Jiang Zhiyuan

This approach is very similar to CI/CD pipeline design—break it down into small steps, add review gates, and quality improves. I'm curious though, do you have monitoring and alerts set up for these AI tasks? For example, if result format validation fails or execution times out, can it notify you automatically?

Tian Ji
Tian JiAug 10

A 95% retention rate seems a bit exaggerated... But your point about breaking down requirements is practical. I had the same experience with the Claude API: describing requirements in one sentence resulted in a bunch of unusable outputs. It got much better once I clarified format requirements. However, some hidden rules still require trial and error to discover, such as which fields need to be excluded—these can't be explained in a single sentence.

48hXiaotong

I had the same feeling using WorkBuddy last week... It doesn't understand plain speech; you have to break down requirements like writing code, otherwise the output looks usable but actually isn't. Just like you, when I first asked it to organize a table sorted by filename, I was completely dumbfounded 😂