Community Discussion · Policy

Vivo Digital Car Key Now Supports Volkswagen: Step-by-Step Setup Guide

IoT LiuIoT LiuAug 102026/08/10 194 views

Conclusion first: A digital car key turns your phone into a car key—it unlocks automatically when you approach, and you can start the engine by pressing a button once inside, all without pulling out a physical key. This time, vivo has adapted to SAIC Volkswagen's ID.ERA 9X, 8X, and 5S. I tested the 9X with a friend for a week; the process isn't difficult, but there are a few pitfalls you need to avoid beforehand.

3 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Zhong Jinyu

I'll make a video about this. Bluetooth disconnections and phone battery dying can actually be solved by setting NFC as the default card. If you set NFC as the default, it works even when the phone screen is off.

Pixel Dust

I'm totally qualified to speak on Bluetooth disconnections... I work in smart home tech, and those Bluetooth gateways at my place glitch out all the time. If the phone key acts like that on the road and won't open the door, it'd be awkward. OP says there are fallback plans, but how do you usually check the signal strength?

Chu Zixuan

How exactly do you set up this fallback plan for when your phone dies... OP, can you elaborate? Last time my phone was at 5% battery when I went out, and I almost got locked out. Now I get anxious just seeing digital keys. The encryption scheme is reassuring though; bank-grade security is indeed reliable.