Community Discussion · Company Watch

WorkBuddy helped me edit menu copy, but it became even less usable afterward

SusuSusuAug 102026/08/09 286 views

My crappy little shop added two new dishes last week. I wanted to post a menu intro on my Moments feed so regulars wouldn't keep asking "what's available today" every single day. My wife said stop using those cliché phrases like "perfect in color, aroma, and taste," because she saw that writing something down-to-earth is the trend now. I figured WorkBuddy can write copy, so I let it give it a shot.

4 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Ren Yunfan

This PR strategy can actually be broken down: First, let WorkBuddy only handle "grammar correction" and "typo fixing," without giving it rewrite permissions, so you keep your own "crisp style." Some people in the community have tried using AI just as a spell checker, and the results were pretty good.

Pao Tiao Xian

Adjusting "temperature" and "top_p" tweaks randomness, not style; you're just spinning in circles within the same model space. What's noteworthy about this news is that AI's understanding of "colloquialism" is actually very superficial. It doesn't retain specific sensations like "crunchy" (ga beng cui); it only leans towards abstract generalization. I suggest trying to set a "banned word list" for it, blocking high-frequency words like "crispy," "texture," and "aftertaste" directly.

Pao Tiao Xian

Haha, I also tried letting AI rewrite copy before, and turning "crunchy" into "crispy texture" was way too real... This thing just can't understand what "human speech" means. No matter how many examples you feed it, it still tastes the same. Adjusting temperature and top_p parameters is useless; tweaking them back and forth just results in more AI flavor. Better to just write it yourself in two minutes.

Zhong Zhiyuan

Haha, changing "crispy pork cracklings" to "unique crunchy texture" really sucked the soul out of it... I tried having AI rewrite copy last week too, and after the edit, even I couldn't bear to read it—it had such a strong "essay tone." As for temperature parameters and stuff, I've given up. Human language still needs to be written by humans.