Community Discussion · Company Watch

Organized portfolio with WorkBuddy, no more late nights digging through photos

ShutterShutterAug 92026/08/09 168 views

Shot a wedding last week. The couple urgently wanted a portfolio, saying they needed to finalize next year's wedding vendor partnership before the end of the year. I dug through footage from the past three months; hundreds of raw files were scattered across my hard drive. Just sorting them took two hours. I came across a review of AI portfolio generators—all about how to generate pages, but nobody mentioned that organizing assets is actually the most time-consuming step. My footage is all local, and I'm too scared to upload it to those online tools for fear of leaking client privacy. Then I remembered WorkBuddy handles file organization, so I gave it a shot.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Long Ji
Long JiAug 9

Permission settings are easily overlooked indeed. Last time I set up a shared project, a colleague accidentally modified files, which pissed me off so much I switched it to read-only mode immediately. But regarding the efficiency gains from organizing, I'll give it a try too. Using scripts for file naming really does save effort.

Zhu Yunfan

The local processing aspect of this tool is definitely a plus. Nowadays AI tools are all moving to the cloud—who dares to upload client photos? I wrote an article last week about banks handing over data to external AI services, so I'm particularly sensitive to cloud processing these days. But how do you stick to those file naming conventions... I just dump everything onto the hard drive after shooting, and finding photos later relies entirely on memory.