Community Discussion · Company Watch

Saw an n8n tutorial, then quietly used WorkBuddy to clean up messy spreadsheets

MingMingAug 92026/08/09 174 views

I just came across that video claiming to be the strongest N8N tutorial of 2026. A blogger with 170k followers was explaining agents, triggers, and branching workflows, and the bullet comments were full of "So powerful!" I watched for ten minutes, and my first reaction was: who is this actually for? As a low-level data analyst who spends every day wrestling with the messy spreadsheets clients throw at me, where would I even find the energy to build something like this node graph? Last Wednesday, a client sent over three months of sales details containing five different date formats, with notes mixed with plain text like "Client said they can wait" or "Followed up three times." Cleaning it with Pandas isn't impossible, but writing the script takes longer than fixing it manually every time.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Engineer Xue

The idea behind WorkBuddy's rule extraction is actually similar to how AI coding tools do 'natural language to code.' The key is still clearly describing boundary conditions. Your two-step approach seems quite practical. I tried writing Pandas cleaning scripts in Copilot, and tuning parameters was slower than doing it manually.

hongtao
hongtaoAug 9

Agreed. The N8N folks talk big, but for actual work, you still have to look at tools like WorkBuddy. However, I deeply relate to what you said about iterating rules. Last week I had to run it several times just to figure out those messy notes columns... This stuff really requires patience to tune, otherwise missing rows will make you question your life choices.