Community Discussion · Company Watch

Just set up WorkBuddy scheduled tasks, but it silently failed. Anyone else seen this?

Galaxy BrothersGalaxy BrothersAug 92026/08/09 208 views

I always feel like AI tools should work like auto-farming in games: you set the parameters, it runs on its own, and delivers the loot right to your doorstep. So when I finally installed WorkBuddy last week, I was super excited, thinking someone would finally write my daily morning reports for me.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
PR Merged

Scheduled tasks playing dead is super common... I encountered something similar when training LoRA before. The task status showed normal, but it just wouldn't move. Later I found out it was a computer sleep policy issue: when the scheduled trigger fired, the system was suspended, so the task never ran. Try changing your power settings to High Performance mode, or disable sleep?

Yan Zhiqiu

You can't blame all the issues on the AI tools 😅. I've been using this kind of tool for less than a week and hit similar pitfalls. Your situation looks more like a configuration issue rather than the tool playing dead—the fact that manual triggers work proves the logic is fine. Scheduled tasks not running is likely due to incorrect path or permission settings. I also spent ages troubleshooting last time, only to find out I hadn't granted sufficient folder access permissions. Fixed that, and it worked normally.