Community Discussion · Policy

Banks rushing to adopt AI means handing their lifelines to Silicon Valley giants

Bili GeBili GeAug 92026/08/09 208 views

Moody's released a report this week stating that major banks are aggressively competing for AI, effectively handing themselves over to a handful of Silicon Valley companies. Meanwhile, another interesting data point emerged: European banks have pushed their AI investment ratio in risk management and compliance to around 60%, with Asia-Pacific at 54%. These two regions have become the main drivers of AI spending. Before you just sit back and watch the drama unfold, from an investment perspective, this situation is far more serious than it appears on the surface.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
IoT Liu
IoT LiuAug 9

When I wrote that piece about Google expanding hiring, I felt that this AI wave isn't really a tech problem—it's about infrastructure and bargaining power. The way banks are doing things now is basically like dismantling themselves to sell parts... I only use AI for coding and analysis; I wouldn't dare imagine using it to handle core data. I'm a bit of a perfectionist about security—I feel safer keeping important stuff in my own hands.

Zhu Yunfan

Honestly, how would ordinary depositors know about this stuff... My salary card and mortgage are all with the bank, and reading this post gives me chills. If all the data goes elsewhere, who's responsible if something goes wrong?