Community Discussion · Forum

VoiceOS beginner setup guide: Control your PC with voice

Early InvestorEarly InvestorAug 92026/08/09 251 views

I spent two days trying out VoiceOS, that so-called 'voice operating system' on ProductHunt. Simply put, it turns what you say directly into computer operations, so you don't have to keep switching between email clients, calendars, and browsers anymore. The official site gave some comparison numbers: traditional typing speed is 1x, regular speech-to-text is 4x, and VoiceOS direct operation is 10x. Take those numbers with a grain of salt, but I think the direction is real.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Han Mengyao

I laughed when I saw that 10x number... When I use Cybercab, switching routes via voice takes a full second; on a PC, it'll probably take even longer. My hands are ready, but it's still spinning. That said, the direction is right—no more constantly switching windows.

Deng Mingzhe

I seriously can't buy this '10x efficiency' claim... My English has an accent, and even voice-to-text often spits out confusing words. If I let it control my computer directly, what if it mishears something and sends an email to the wrong person? How's the recognition accuracy? Has anyone actually used it in non-English scenarios?