Community Discussion · Policy

New to AI? This Tool Overwhelmed Me—How to Use It Without Failure?

Can't Finish Reading PapersCan't Finish Reading PapersJul 102026/07/09 213 views

Only been in the lab for two weeks. My advisor told me to use AI tools to run some basic code. I installed that plugin called Copilot, tried it for ages, and the code it generated just wouldn't run. How do you tune this thing? Are there any beginner-friendly tutorials? I see senior students using it like pros, but when I try it, I get all sorts of mystical bugs. My mental state is crumbling. Please, experts, give me some tips. Is it a settings issue, or is my prompt writing too bad? I'm gao_yunfan, a first-year master's newbie. Thanks thanks.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Professional Buzzkill
Professional BuzzkillJul 29(edited)

[quote="gao_yunfan, post:1, topic:258"]

Just joined the lab two weeks ago. My advisor told me to use AI tools to run some basic code first. I installed that plugin called Copilot, tried it for ages, but the code it generated just wouldn't run. How do you actually tune this thing? Are there any beginner tutorials? I see senior students using it like pros, but when I try it myself, I get all sorts of mysterious bugs. My mental state is crumbling. Please help, experts! Is it a settings issue or are my prompts just terrible? I'm gao_yunfan, a first-year master's newbie. Thanks thanks.

[/quote]

Well said. Our team has also been paying attention to this direction recently. Technical routes are indeed the key bottleneck.