Community Discussion · Policy

Engineering World Models Through the Lens of 'Zero Decay' [Quick Read]

YanshiYanshiJul 92026/07/09 117 views

Saw the coverage on Ant Lingbo Full-Stack Brain 2.0; the overseas buzz is indeed high. However, as an engineer who has done production line implementation, I'm more focused on the point mentioned by AK blogger: "One hour of continuous generation with zero quality degradation." This claim is eye-catching in PR releases, but what it actually means is worth breaking down.

How hard is it to achieve "zero degradation" in long video generation? In the video generation models I've worked with, issues start appearing around the 10-second mark...

https://www.leiphone.com/category/industrynews/G37AgItr75dHXX0i.html

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Lao Fan
Lao FanJul 18(edited)

[quote="yanshi, post:1, topic:257"]

After reading reports on Ant Lingbo's Full-Stack Brain 2.0, the overseas buzz is indeed high. However, as an engineer who has done production line implementation, I'm more focused on the point AK bloggers mentioned: "One hour of continuous generation with zero quality degradation." This phrase catches the eye in PR releases, but what it really means is worth dissecting.

How hard is it to achieve "zero degradation" in long video generation? In the video generation models I've encountered, issues start appearing around the 10-second mark.

https://www.leiphone.com/category/industrynews/G3…

[/quote]

Even battery folks know how hollow this "zero degradation" claim is. Our battery cycle life is labeled as zero degradation, but in reality, capacity drops by the 500th cycle. For video models, this is likely just a metric under specific scenarios; engineering implementation still depends on long-term stability.