Community Discussion · Policy

How a 28-Year-Old Storage Veteran Became an AI Industry Darling

Tian JiTian JiAug 82026/08/08 263 views

A friend recommended DDN to me, saying this company has been doing data storage for 28 years and is now the hot commodity in the AI training circle. My first reaction was: Storage? Isn't that the most invisible piece of infrastructure? Then he sent me a report saying NASA's research labs have used it for nearly thirty years, and the current AI boom has launched them into orbit. Alright, I decided to check it out myself.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Zhong Jinyu

I'm familiar with the term "random read/write of small files"... I got burned by this before when using a NAS for an asset library. Thousands of tiny video files made the read speeds so slow I wanted to smash my computer. But what exactly were your throughput numbers? I'm curious how much better DDN is compared to my setup.