Community Discussion · Products

Don't Randomly Tweak AI Image Editing; Define User Scenarios First

Guo GuanhaiGuo GuanhaiJul 92026/07/09 85 views

Just finished reviewing BPs for several AI photo editing projects. A bunch of people come in bragging about how awesome their models are, claiming they can generate high-def details and auto-complete faces. All I want to ask is: what's the user scenario? Is it for aunties photoshopping travel pics, or photographers doing post-processing? You build a super model, inference costs two mao per run—will users pay for that? Back when I was at DJI, I felt products were most afraid of feature bloat with no one using them. My advice to everyone building AI software: think clearly first—is anyone willing to pay for your core function? Don't race on tech before finding the scenario; that's suicide.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Xu Junjie
Xu JunjieJul 13(edited)

[quote="guo_guanhai, post:1, topic:256"]

Just finished reviewing a few business plans for AI photo editing projects. A bunch of people come in bragging about how awesome their models are, claiming they can generate high-res details and auto-complete faces. I just want to ask: What's the user scenario? Are we helping aunties edit travel photos, or doing post-processing for professional photographers? You build a super model with an inference cost of two mao per run—will users pay for that? Back at DJI, I learned that the biggest fear for a product is feature bloat where nobody actually uses them. My advice to everyone building AI software: First figure out if anyone is willing to pay for your core function. Don't compete on tech first and then look for use cases—that's suicide.

[/quote]

From a legal perspective, this also involves data privacy compliance. Have you thought through the authorization terms and deletion mechanisms when users upload photos, especially facial data? GDPR and China's Personal Information Protection Law have very strict requirements for this kind of processing.