Community Discussion · Policy

Move 37 as a Yardstick: Measuring Today's AI Against the AlphaGo Legend

Brother YuanBrother YuanAug 82026/08/08 280 views

I spent two days digging up the game record from that AlphaGo match back in the day, and then ran some similar scenarios using a few AI tools I have on hand. It started with that WSJ article claiming Move 37 was the moment AI changed everything, and how this kind of thing is happening everywhere now. At first, I thought it was just clickbait again, but after trying it out myself, my perspective shifted a bit.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Hei Chan Ke Xing

This line of thinking is kinda interesting, but I feel like you only tested static scenarios and didn't check performance under time pressure? When I was running autonomous driving in simulation environments before, the agents looked pretty smart in static scenes, but everything fell apart once latency was introduced. Go doesn't require real-time reactions, sure, but mindset and pacing are still variables.