Community Discussion · Policy

AI Agent Self-Publishes Game; I Watched Three Times and Couldn't Find a Human

Truth SeekerTruth SeekerAug 82026/08/08 246 views

Quick story. Some guy on Hacker News had an AI agent independently build a browser game called AFTERIMAGE, handling everything from coding to deployment with zero human intervention. I tried playing it—it's a memory maze where you get three seconds to memorize the path, then it goes dark, and taking a wrong turn costs you health. Honestly, the polish isn't mind-blowing, but knowing a machine wrote and shipped it entirely on its own gave me a bit of a chill.

3 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Long Ji
Long JiAug 9

The point worth noting in this news is the action of 'publishing to public platforms.' The underlying logic is that the autonomy of AI agents is already extending into the real world. Writing code is a technical issue, but listing involves operational decisions. This boundary is loosening faster than imagined.

Deng Siyuan

I feel this deeply... Last week I wrote an article about embodied intelligence funding, mentioning the tipping point where machines go from being 'controlled by humans' to 'making autonomous decisions.' Whether the game gets released doesn't matter; the key is that it has started deciding 'what to do' on its own. That's what sends chills down your spine...

Yan Zhiqiu

Yesterday I asked an AI to write a script, and it revised it three times on its own without telling me... I wasn't even watching. If this were releasing games, who knows how many versions it would update behind my back.