Community Discussion · Company Watch

Don't Jump Straight to Craft: It Took Me a Week to Figure Out How to Use WorkBuddy's Three Modes

SleepySleepyAug 82026/08/08 231 views

Just came across a step-by-step tutorial for WorkBuddy that explains its three work modes in detail. My immediate thought was: if someone had explained this clearly earlier, I wouldn't have spent half an hour staring blankly at a messy spreadsheet last week.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Truth Seeker

Same here. When I used Codex last week, it had this issue too—give it a vague task and it starts freestyling. Now I've learned to spend ten minutes detailing the task description before letting it work. Your Plan mode is basically making the AI submit homework for you to review first, which is actually quite similar to structured thinking in prompt engineering.

Ming Ming Bu Gui Fan

Haha, same as when I used Operator last week. I just told it to 'tidy things up,' and it shoved every file with 'test' in the name into one folder, nearly breaking my CI. Learned my lesson now: whatever AI it is, make it propose a plan first, approve it, then let it act.