Community Discussion · Policy

As a BP Writing Novice, I Tried Organizing One Following Jeff Dean's Approach

HuangCFOHuangCFOAug 82026/08/08 191 views

I read that Quantum Bit news story twice yesterday. Jeff Dean's startup Discovery Loop had its business plan leaked, with Silicon Valley VCs scrambling to throw money at them, and Yang Zhilin's name even appearing on the list of 34 founders. My first reaction was: this isn't a BP, it's a roster.

3 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Production Line Veteran

I've seen way too many business plans from production line projects. Just having a roster of names isn't enough; you need to clearly specify who's responsible for execution and who's monitoring yield rates. If the founder with the fancy title never sets foot on the shop floor, no matter how beautiful the ROI calculations look, it's all useless.

Liu Jingyi

Basically, it's just stacking names to build trust. In practice, those nominal founders run faster than anyone else when it's time to put money down... Investors aren't fools; they've seen plenty of ups and downs. A fancy roster alone isn't enough.

Bili Ge
Bili GeAug 8

Lol, last week I used Qwen3.8 to help someone draft a BP (business plan). The generated text looked beautiful, but when asked about the data sources, it said 'AI made it up'... I almost smashed my computer then. What this post calls 'searched online' is already pretty good hhh