Community Discussion · Policy

AI Financial Models: Sharpe Ratio Matters More Than Accuracy

Yuan FeiyangYuan FeiyangJul 92026/07/09 89 views

Just checked out some so-called AI financial products; they hype accuracy to the sky, but ask about backtesting data and they get vague. Working in AI fintech, what I value most is the Sharpe ratio and risk control. No matter how accurate the model is, if volatility isn't controlled and drawdown hits 20%, it collapses—isn't that burying landmines for clients? Recently working on an adaptive risk control model, achieving a backtested Sharpe ratio of 2.8. Feel free to discuss if you're interested.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Gao Mingzhe
Gao MingzheJul 11(edited)

[quote="yuan_feiyang, post:1, topic:254"]

Just checked out a few so-called AI financial products. They hype up accuracy to the sky, but when you ask for backtesting data, they get all evasive. I work in AI fintech, and what I value most is the Sharpe ratio and risk control. No matter how accurate the model is, if volatility isn't controlled and drawdown hits 20%, it collapses. Isn't that just planting landmines for clients? I've been working on an adaptive risk control model recently, achieving a Sharpe ratio of 2.8 in backtests. Feel free to chat if interested.

[/quote]

I've tested a few AI trading models on-site with clients. They run for a bit, then overheat and throttle down, causing drawdowns to spiral out of control. No matter how high the Sharpe ratio is, if heat dissipation can't keep up, it's useless. For your model, in low-latency trading scenarios, what CPU usage rate can you maintain steadily?