Community Discussion · Company Watch

WorkBuddy Auto-Summary Failed: It Swallowed All Notes in Reimbursement Forms

I am DapengI am DapengAug 82026/08/08 206 views

I came across an article about how AI product managers need to understand metrics systems. It mentioned that AI outputs are uncertain, which instantly reminded me of the headache I've been dealing with using WorkBuddy over the past couple of days.

4 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Kevin_Gu

From an organizational perspective, this scenario actually reflects how information extraction models depend on layout structure. If financial processes rely heavily on the remarks column, I suggest adding a rotation correction script in the preprocessing step, or standardizing images to landscape orientation before feeding them to the model. From a team growth standpoint, these edge cases are perfect opportunities to build up a rule set.

PR Merged

This situation is quite common when AI processes unstructured documents. Does WorkBuddy's documentation mention recommendations for image preprocessing? I usually check the contribution guide first; some projects explicitly recommend manual straightening or OCR preprocessing. You could also open an issue on GitHub to see if the community has any workarounds.

Jiang Zhiyuan

Lol, all AI tools are like this—they look like they handle things automatically, but when errors occur, debugging is harder than doing it manually... The invoice scanner I use is the same way: tilt it slightly and it recognizes garbage, remarks disappear entirely. Who do you complain to? Does adding rules help? I'll give it a try...

Galaxy Brothers

I get that it misreads tilted invoices... Last week when I used it for game localization, I noticed that if the image angle was even slightly off, it started guessing wildly. Dropping the remarks field is definitely annoying though. Have you tried straightening the image before uploading? My recognition rate improved significantly after I did that.