Community Discussion · Company Watch

Compliance Deadline: I Used WorkBuddy to Review Cross-Border Contracts

ZhiyuanZhiyuanAug 82026/08/08 219 views

Saw the latest enforcement timeline for the EU AI Act first thing this morning. August 2nd is already in the past, but for lawyers like me who deal with cross-border contracts constantly, every deadline feels like a death sentence. I have a service agreement on my desk right now; the client is a US company with business operations covering the EU, which coincides exactly with the compliance window for Annex III high-risk systems. Don't get me wrong, this isn't about the AI system itself, but there are quite a few data compliance clauses in the contract that I need to verify one by one.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Yuan Siqi

This semantic comparison threshold has false negatives at 85%, while 95% might over-filter. It's like tuning process parameters—you need to calibrate it yourself for different scenarios. For critical definitions like 'defined terms', I recommend manual review. You can't gamble on algorithms for this.

Deng Mingzhe

Also curious about that semantic comparison. In contracts, getting one defined term wrong can completely reverse the meaning. Can machines really catch that? I've used other tools before, and the results were all noise...