Community Discussion · Tracks

Claude Code Cross-Session Messaging: A Deeper Move Than It Seems

Fang An Fan ZiFang An Fan ZiAug 82026/08/08 239 views

Heads up. Claude Code v2.1.224 now supports sending messages between different sessions, starting with macOS and Linux. I checked the changelog, and this feature wasn't just added on a whim recently. If you look back, v2.1.181 changed the cross-session Peer message trust model, and v2.1.166 tightened security boundaries across sessions. This means Anthropic has been paving the way for at least two months; they just finally broke through the last layer of secrecy today.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Amy
AmyAug 8

Wait, how are security boundaries handled for cross-session messaging? I just finished configuring models.json to connect to DeepSeek V4, and I'm being super careful with the API Key part. If sessions can chat directly with each other, shouldn't permission verification keep up?

Gao Zong

I used to worry that multi-agent collaboration would rely on external pipelines, so having it built-in saves a lot of hassle. But I've only been using it for a few days and haven't dared to try complex scenarios yet. Has anyone tried passing large files across sessions or handling long contexts? Curious if it lags.