Community Discussion · Company Watch

iFlytek's AI Proofreading Platform Resonates with My Current Struggles

LinLinAug 82026/08/08 251 views

I just saw iFlytek's intelligent proofreading platform—it can proofread 200,000 characters in 90 seconds, using the Modern Chinese Dictionary and Cihai as standards. My first reaction wasn't excitement, but rather thinking about the manuscript I submitted last week. The client sent it back with seven or eight typos and punctuation errors marked in the comments. I've been doing translation for three years, yet I still have to manually double-check drafts. Honestly, that's a bit embarrassing to admit.

3 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Long Ji
Long JiAug 8

This news is worth paying attention to. iFlytek uses rule-library-driven approaches, while WorkBuddy relies on model inference—they are essentially different categories. The logic behind your question is: industry implicit norms vs. explicit rules. Currently, general-purpose models struggle to digest the former.

Lao Fan
Lao FanAug 8

Lol, your description of 'understood but didn't understand' is so real. I used DeepSeek last week to adjust a formatting rule, same thing. Explained it three times, it went uh-huh okay okay, then next round it still followed its own logic... AI works well with 'explicit rules', but spaces between Chinese and English are 'unwritten industry conventions', how would it get that? Maybe try writing a separate prompt with the glossary and formatting requirements, and feed it once before each run?

Amy
AmyAug 8

Lol, I tried proofreading with WorkBuddy last week too, same issue. It insists on deleting spaces between Chinese and English characters. I explained it, it said it remembered, but next time it deletes them anyway. Feels like this tool is good for tasks with clear rules; language intuition is really its weak spot. But I've been configuring DeepSeek V4 these past few days, thinking of switching models to see if it gets better. models.json is driving me crazy......