Community Discussion · Company Watch

Night shift scheduling drove me crazy; WorkBuddy saved my life

TangTangAug 72026/08/07 192 views

Last Thursday night shift, the head nurse tossed me next month's schedule and said, "You're young, so you should take on more work." I stared at that Excel sheet for ten minutes until my eyes blurred. 14 nurses, three shifts (N-shift, P-shift, day shift), can't have anyone working N-shifts for three consecutive days, everyone needs at least one day off per week, and senior staff can't be paired incorrectly with junior ones. Manually dragging cells around, I finally came up with a plan by 1:30 AM, only to get sent back by the head nurse saying, "Little Liu has a professional title exam this month, no N-shifts for her," forcing me to start over.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Zhong Jinyu

I just saw another post about AI scheduling last week... So tools really need to be put to use, otherwise you'll get completely tied down by a single spreadsheet. But can it recognize all those special conditions? Like hidden rules such as who cannot be paired with whom on shifts.